Water Treatment: Need Pure Water for Life 2020
Only in America, people are spending billions of dollars just for drinking pure water. They have concerned about taste, health concern, and usage against beverages.
Some people are compromising their health by drinking regular water but they don’t know the impurities in that water.
Such as parasite Cryptosporidium can cause illness if someone has a weak immune system he or she can suffer a lot of diseases or even possible death.
Bottled water contains fluoride at an average level to optimum keep healthy after water treatment. Bottle water usage is increasing globally even in underdeveloped countries.
It is a little bit expense but their filtration system remove all kind of mineral and impurities before filling bottles with pure water.
Bottled water companies keep their plants up to date with technology compliance. These four steps are making their business successful.
- They Protect water with large scale professional water purification before bottling
- They always keep maintain good manufacturing processes during filtration and filling to the packing process.
- They always keep safe and secure bottled water during shipping and storage from damages or leakages.
- They try to keep bottled water from contamination at the point of use. And give the user to feel good about their trust.
Home base Water Treatment
People can use the small size of water filters at home to keep their water pure from odor, bacteria, heavy metals, oxidants.
Small water treatment plants are available in the market at affordable prices. And their manufacturing is upgrading and increasing business as the demand for pure water is increasing in developing countries.
Maintenance and Cleaning of Water
The source of water must be secure and in a safe place for safe and hygienic water. Regular maintenance and up-gradation of water source and storage place is essential. If it doesn’t keep maintain the health will be compromised.
People must use a water tank made by pure plastic or cemetery tanks for storing water.
Maintenance and cleaning of water tanks must be done quarterly.
4 Steps of Water Treatment
The 4 major unit processes include chemical coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, filtration, and disinfection which are described ahead. There are chemicals required for the water treatment process
4 steps are included in water treatment
Aeration or Collection of Water:
- Dirt or polluted raw water collected in large aeration tank and water compressed by air through pipes.
- Aeration process removes bad smells and CO2. It also removes metal parts like iron, manganese and other hydroxides.
- Sedimentation or Settling:
- Aerated processed water shifts to settling or sedimentation tanks and stored for a few days to settle down for the next process.
- Within 24 hours a lot of metals and slots settle down and water changes its surface clean. But not ready to drink.
- Some toxic materials don’t remove in this process but settle down and doesn’t effect on water. Toxic materials ready to process of coagulation where other mixed and lime agents will be removed.
- Pathogenic Bactria and germs die or decrease by 90% in the first week of storage.
- Water from the sedimentation process shifts to coagulation tank some chemicals like lime, alum added to purify the water.
- Participant agents settle down the heavier metals at the bottom of the tank. This process used for light suspended solid materials that don’t settle itself. So chemicals require to settle down these types of materials.
- Partially purified water filtered through sand gravity filter which removes 90% to 99% of microorganism’s odor, dirt, and other impurities.
- Sand gravity water filter has three filter stages or layers that filter water with natural sand and its vital layer filtered algae, diatoms, odor, activated carbon and other bacteria.
- When the water has been filtered. Then filtered water needs the purification process by using disinfectant materials. These antiseptic disinfectants remove all pathogenic and other microorganism, algae and bacteria’s of filtered water
- After complete of water purification, this water is pumped and shift to large size water storage tanks for distribution to consumers.
This is the process of water treatment at large capacity like society tank to industrial water treatment. But at home base or housing society setups require small size filtration systems or treatment plants for public use. Many types of filtration plants are available in the market for water purification.